Introducing PITCH, a quarterly Conflux event.
PITCH events are a result of consultation with our supporters and colleagues and will
- Provide masterclasses and other training opportunities
- Provide business support
- Provide a platform for new work and works-in-progress to be presented to peers, venue managers and producers
- Give a space for all involved in the physical performance sector to mingle and exchange ideas
Give an update on what Conflux is up to and what opportunities Conflux and its partner organisations might be offering in the futuren
ARTISTS’ CURATION OF SCRATCH PERFORMANCES AT PITCH
Conflux recently consulted a broad spectrum of artists about how its existing programme of events might be improved. From these discussions it was decided that for each Pitch event a different artist or group should curate the programme of scratch performances. Conflux will support this process through the provision of a small management fee and production budget. (Conflux will still programme Business Pitch, its in-house residencies and related events.)
The purpose of this approach is to…
-Raise the benchmark of performances by passing responsibility for curation to artists themselves.
- Ensure that each Pitch has a distinct flavor – making it more appealing to audiences.
- Allow different individuals and groups to more fully showcase their own work and that of their collaborators and associates.
- Allow Conflux to provide mentorship in producing skills and curation for those artists that would benefit from it.
Because Pitch is a quarterly event Conflux can only host 4 curators per year. Curation will therefore largely be by invitation only. However, if you have a strong idea for a curated programme, please contact email@example.com
PITCH: 24/5/13, 16:30 - 19:00
Including SURGE 2013 Programme Launch!
This month’s PITCH works-in-progress/ Surge Launch event will be held from 4.30pm – 7pm on Friday 24th May 2013 at The Briggait, 141 Bridgegate, Glasgow G1 5HZ.
The evening’s line-up will be as follows:
4.30 pm – 6.00pm: Performance PITCH : Works-in-progress performances (+ feedback)
This will include work-in-progress performances of two of the shows from our International Residencies Programme, as well as results from Conflux’s week-long masterclass on Outdoor Performance, led by Ferran Orobitg of Fadunito.
We will assemble at the Briggait at 4.30pm before taking to the streets for the first performance, so please arrive promptly.
6.15pm – 6.45pm: Surge 2013 Programme Launch!
Conflux will be announcing its full programme of events, including shows and masterclasses taking place at this year’s SURGE festival. Valuable for anyone wanting to apply for masterclass places or to find out what not to miss!
7.00pm onwards: Networking drinks at Mono on Kings Street.
Places at Business and/or Performance PITCH are free and can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: